Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: AnnoZone Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Serpens Solidus

Frisch Angeheuert

• »Serpens Solidus« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 28. Juni 2014

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 20. November 2017, 20:09

Can't load save game of "The King of the World"

I am currently playing Dread Pirate's scenario The King of the World, but I can't load my save game anymore. I can load the scenario just fine both in game and in the scenario editor, but when I try to load the save game, the game crashes. I have no idea why this happens, and it never happened to me before with any scenario. I also don't see anyone in the comments with the same problem. My game version is the Dutch Gold Edition. I reinstalled the game, but that didn't help. I attached the save game below.
game02.zip

Sir Lostalot

Is Seefest

Registrierungsdatum: 12. März 2008

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 22. November 2017, 13:27

Hi,

I recently played "King of the World" and the savegame crashed when I tried to open it, so did the continue game. I do not know why. I tried playing it and seeing how far I could get without saving it, but it crashed a few hours into the game.

Serpens Solidus

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 30. April 2019, 14:19

I recently picked up the game again, and I decided to try to figure out what the problem was. To my surprise, I found it and was able to fix it. I was finally able to save and load and therefore finish the scenario :up:

acon

Administrator

Registrierungsdatum: 1. Mai 2003

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 30. April 2019, 19:28

Haha. Seems you have now the record in playing and finish the same savegame.

Serpens Solidus

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 30. April 2019, 21:19

I didn't fix my 2 year old savegame, I fixed the scenario itself.
I started from scratch again :D

Sir Lostalot

Is Seefest

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2019, 13:28

Hi,

I would like to know, how did you fix the game?

Serpens Solidus

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2019, 22:52

There was a glitched out pirate settlement on the map. It showed up in Sir Henry's scenario explorer, but in the game, the town's buildings were unoccupied and the town wasn't there. I removed the broken buildings and rebuilt the original settlement, which fixed the problem.

While I was at it, I also removed some weird piece of debris from the middle of the ocean and added the goals to build a palace and a cathedral, because those weren't there for some reason.

Here is the fixed scenario:
»Serpens Solidus« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Sir Lostalot

Is Seefest

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2019, 13:32

Thanks!
I'll check it out. :up:

Sir Lostalot

Is Seefest

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 3. Mai 2019, 13:45

I think the reason Dread Pirate :pirat: didn't put the Cathedral and Palace goals in the game is because once goals are reached, the game ends, and Dread Pirate liked endless games. He liked building huge populations.

So, I am happy to report that the game now works for me, too. :up: I am curious which pirate settlements were broken. I see there are three or four on the big island with only a Kontor and Towers.

Serpens Solidus

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 3. Mai 2019, 19:31

It's easy to spot which one was broken if you open the original scenario in the scenario editor.