Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: AnnoZone Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mama

Is Seefest

• »Mama« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 23. Dezember 2003

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 4. März 2006, 16:37

Anno 1701 info in English

Is there a place where the info on 1701 is in English?

Is Multiplayer and scenario creation going to be a part of the new game?

Will the multiplayer allow international play?

Will it be released in the United States?

Thanks for any info.

acon

Administrator

Registrierungsdatum: 1. Mai 2003

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 4. März 2006, 17:02

RE: Anno 1701 info in English

Hello Mama :)

Some informations in English are in the following links:
- http://www.sunflowers.de/english/games/anno1701.php
- http://www.sunflowers.de/english/news.php?id=48
- http://www.sunflowers.de/english/news.php?id=111

More we can't say. :(
But I think the game will be released in the USA.

annokrat

Schatzjäger

Registrierungsdatum: 15. November 2003

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 4. März 2006, 17:05

RE: Anno 1701 info in English

Zitat

Original von Mama
Is there a place where the info on 1701 is in English?

sorry, couldn't find information at sunflowers in english.
edit: andré did....

Zitat

Original von Mama
Is Multiplayer and scenario creation going to be a part of the new game?

so far, sf promised multiplayer. :D
i have no information about scenario-editor.

Zitat

Original von Mama
Will the multiplayer allow international play?

this would be new to anno...
in 1503, sf/md even used a trick to block different versions. after knowing this trick, we figured out how to play with different versions.
perhaps there is a similar trick in mp of 1602??
it seems to me, that sf doesn't like multiplay between different language-versions.

Zitat

Original von Mama
Will it be released in the United States?

don't know. it took a long time to release "knights of honor" in us. perhaps sf has problems to find a partner in us.

annokrat

edit: lol, andré searched in a better way.... thanx
  anno 1503, das beste anno aller zeiten.
anno 1701, das anno für ewige anfänger.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »annokrat« (4. März 2006, 17:07)

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

Registrierungsdatum: 7. Juni 2003

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 12:14

Since there is new information released now, I'll try to sum it up briefly.

Graphic:
  • the game is completely in 3D now
  • an own engine has been programmed for the game
  • infinite zooming in/out and turning is possible
  • during the process of game development, the colours
    have been changed. They're now more realistic than on the
    first screens
  • distant objects are blurred as in real life

System requirements subject to change:
  • 2,2 GHz CPU
  • 64 MB 3D card able to handle shader 1 effects

Menues:
  • the menues are not permanently visible anymore
    and adjustable respectively
  • more options and menues will pop up as the game goes on

Gameplay:
  • the island world will be similarly big as in 1602 / 1503
    it's not further specified yet - the island world in 1602 was
    considerably smaller than in 1503

• only two climes as in 1602 (northern and southern) but with a distinct
    fauna and flora
  • fog-of-war (blackened map as in the AOE series)
  • predefined spots to build your first branch office, indicated
    by beaches. There will be several at each island. No island will have
    just one of those spots
  • the scout is abolished. The ship explores the island again as in
  • when the first branch office was built the goods are unloaded
    automatically from the ship to it
  • carriers can be called to empty single storages at a factory now
  • appart from the material needs, there's community spirit now that has
    to be strengthened (by building certain objects buildings (?))
  • money will be made by collecting taxes again

The list will be updated every now and then. Check from time to time!

LAST EDITED: 28.03.2006
  Tom :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tom Sailor« (28. März 2006, 12:30)

BaldJim

Leichtmatrose

Registrierungsdatum: 15. Mai 2004

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 15:20

Thanks

@ Tom,

Thanks for the update, and the link from the other board.

"community spirit" -- That sounds to me like an elaboration of what is a minor theme in 1503, e.g. the chapel/church, cobblestone square (even though it has no effect), gallows, public baths, ornamental bridge, large tavern, theater, pavillion (park), ornamentals, obelisk, & cathedral. I welcome it.

All the "game play" sounds reasonable. I am glad to go back to making money by collecting taxes. =) That's probably the basis of having to raise the emphasis on "community spirit" because you won't be making money on selling booze, for example. So you will have to provide it to keep up the "community spirit."

:D

annokrat

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 17:45

BaldJim,
no, not elaboration is the goal, but making the game more simple.
at the moment, it seems we'll get a kind of a.d.1602.
so far i can't find any feature of 1503 in the new game.
- two climatic zones <--- 1602
- taxes <--- 1602
- "community spirit" <--- 1602, known as "marktplatz" in german (market place)

the villages, shown in a german magazine, seem to be rather little, like 1602. probably 20 houses will earn enough taxes.
in one picture there is a village of settlers, but i couldn't find any taverne(??).

annokrat

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 18:14

:aua:

Those pictures in the German magazine were just demo pics. It was not one of those islands that will be in the final version of the game in the end. The island was a testing island to show and test as many graphic features as possible. So there might be bigger islands in the final version.

Community spirit in 1602? The market places were just to store goods and expand your area. They didn't have any other function. Sorry, but your remark about that was just bull*hit. What might be considered as community spirit is the longing of the people for certain buildings especially the pavillion. But that was more in 1503 than in 1602!

And no, I don't see everything through rose-tinted glasses. But facts are facts. I'm also worried if 1701 will be as good as its predecessors. For now, we can just wait and hope.

annokrat

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 19:26

my remark about this is correct.

annokrat

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 19:34

Ok, you've got a point there. The market place is requested by the pioneers in order to become citizens. I, however, would not regard that as community spirit. That was much more developed in 1503...

annokrat

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 28. März 2006, 19:43

to get "community spirit", you have to build a "center of the village".
in my opinion, these centers have same function as market places of 1602.

annokrat

BaldJim

Leichtmatrose

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 30. März 2006, 15:43

I certainly did not intend to start a fight.

When I said "elaboration," was not using the word to indicate a place on the scale of simple to complex. I meant to use the meaning, "more complete explanation."

From the 1602 Manual: "The higher the level of civilization your settlers enjoy, the more demanding their desires become. Not only do they want a greater variety of consumer products, they also demand a wide range of public amenities."

The same general pattern obtained in 1503. However, the consumer products involved sales as a source of income rather than taxes; and were, therefore, more complex. For those public amenities which did not involve sales, the situation was not more complex than 1602.

In both cases, the consumer products had not only to be present but also in a sufficient quantity. Meanwhile, the public amenities had only to be present.

It occurs to me that the concept of "community spirit" may be nothing more than a different or more complete way of describing the various levels of public amenities. It also might be a more complex way of relating the combination of the effects of the various amenities to public satisfaction.

The "people" may become more complex. They might reflect two scales of happiness/satisfaction, basic needs (consumer goods) and community spirit (public amenities); and one scale of dissatisfaction (taxes).

Now play nice.

:dudu: :] 8) :hauwech:

W-O-D

Team AnnoZone

Registrierungsdatum: 3. Februar 2003

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 30. März 2006, 16:05

The new Towncenter would be show you the "Spirit" of your People,
inclusiv Information what they need to grow up to the next Level.
If they are happy with all, an Music course will travel through your Town. :hey:

my eng's bad, sorry ;)
  Ich will meinen Scout zurück :keule:

BaldJim

Leichtmatrose

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. April 2006, 17:16

Thank you. Now I know about "Spirit." Finally, I went to the locked thread Secure facts about Anno 1701 and read more that I need to know. I took out my graph paper and drew a diagram of a Town Center. It's not hard to imagine how the Town Center will develop - I suspect that position #5 would eventually turn into some sort of government building.

Since a Town Center will support 5 houses on the direct horizontal and vertical sides, it seems the size of a population "pod" is more defined than in previous versions. I still suspect that more than one such "pod" may be built in conjunction to form a major city.

The inclusion of a Sheep Farm in the first phases of a Town Center is seed for speculation. First, perhaps cloth is going to receive emphasis throughout the various levels rather than just the early ones. Second, perhaps the sheep and cattle farms will be dual purpose: sheep = wool & food, and cattle = hides & food.

Now a question. Does b) Build a branch office that automatically unloads the ship. have to do with a dock, quay, or wharf in combination with a warehouse on the shoreline where ships interact with the "stores/goods" stockpile?

Perhaps once again we are going down the path of confusing terminology over warehouses, or market places/houses which have the animated "cart pushing men," but may or may not have an interface with ships. Somehow there is a real tangle between German and English (at least American style) over storage buildings, sales buildings and whether there are ships about.

:scratch: :traurig: ?( :hey: :konfus:

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. April 2006, 17:56

Zitat

• when the first branch office was built the goods are unloaded
    automatically from the ship to it

I think that's what drkohler meant. Does this answer your question?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tom Sailor« (1. April 2006, 17:57)

drkohler

Master of Editor

Registrierungsdatum: 18. Juni 2003

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. April 2006, 19:21

Zitat

Original von BaldJim
Perhaps once again we are going down the path of confusing terminology over warehouses, or market places/houses which have the animated "cart pushing men," but may or may not have an interface with ships. Somehow there is a real tangle between German and English (at least American style) over storage buildings, sales buildings and whether there are ships about.

Since a Town Center will support 5 houses on the direct horizontal and vertical sides, it seems the size of a population "pod" is more defined than in previous versions. I still suspect that more than one such "pod" may be built in conjunction to form a major city.

:scratch: :traurig: ?( :hey: :konfus:
Probably more a confusion between British English and American English.. with branch office I meant that thingie you built by ship at a suitable shoreline.
The church needs considerably more space than 4 by 4 units, apparently more than in 1503. The houses might be all 4 by 4, the rest seems to stay individual as needed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »drkohler« (1. April 2006, 19:24)

BaldJim

Leichtmatrose

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. April 2006, 18:22

Zitat

Originally posted by drkohler
Probably more a confusion between British English and American English.. with branch office I meant that thingie you built by ship at a suitable shoreline. ...

I am trying only to improve understanding. I don't wish to hammer this a lot and I really am not critical of your command of English, but -- I understood / understand exactly what you mean. I don't understand how you came up with "branch office" as a preferred term. To me, that sounds like a Hanseatic League term, or perhaps a Hudson's Bay Company term - that is, an outpost for trading with the native/existing population rather than the first landing of a colonizing effort for settlement.

One of the difficulties I have experienced in trying to help English/American speaking players on the discussion board is trying to be explicit about the very important building called variously in the documentation either Marketplace or Warehouse without a uniform definition. Because of the long experience of the game in German and the more specific meanings of the German names used, this problem - I'm sure - is insignificant to fluent German speakers. These buildings which both controlled land (& water) areas and had cartmen (market trollies), looked almost totally the same - but one could "interface" with (and sometimes be built by) ships, and had to be on a shoreline.

From the information I have read here, 1701 seems to be introducing a major change and that is the settlement/ village/ town/ city center with its statue. Is it known yet if this feature will have "cartmen" (market trollies)? Is this feature to be the/a "control" point of land area? Is the shoreline "thingee" equipped with "cartmen" (market trollies) and does it "control" a land area, that is - limit where its associated settlement center may be built? Is there another building which has "cartmen" (market trollies) but which does not "control" (or extend) land area where buildings may be built?

I understand that my questions have no currently available answers.

=) :scratch: :maeh: :hauwech: :chrr:

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. April 2006, 18:38

Well, I put the German term for the "warehouse with the harbour" in a dictionary (in German 'Kontor') and the suggested translation was 'branch office'.

Anyway, you've still got the warehouses and the branch offices (what term do you suggest?) as in 1503. That's where the cartmen work. The town centre is just to show the people's mood. As far as I understood it, you can click it and get information on your town then. It's still requested by the habitants of your city. However, it has got a very big reach so one in a small village (and three in a huge town) is supposedly enough. To enlargen your building area, you still build the warehouses.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tom Sailor« (3. April 2006, 18:39)

annokrat

Schatzjäger

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. April 2006, 18:43

at the moment it seems, that this "center of town" is only necessary to create a town.
it is not a replacemant of marketplaces. there are still marketplaces and warehouses like 1602/1503.

btw., we know about a terrible feature: you can only build ONE warehouse at the shore of an island. this is also a feature of 1602...

annokrat

BaldJim

Leichtmatrose

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 5. April 2006, 18:32

Zitat

Originally posted by Tom Sailor
Well, I put the German term for the "warehouse with the harbour" in a dictionary (in German 'Kontor') and the suggested translation was 'branch office'.

Anyway, you've still got the warehouses and the branch offices (what term do you suggest?) as in 1503. ...

Thank you Tom.

I'm unsure about 'Kontor' - is that the computer automated translating dictonary or is it the German for 'warehouse with harbor' ??

In any case, I have only a little translating dictionary printed book which advertises 35,000 entries - for travelers and occasional business & social users. About the size of the vocabulary of a grammer school student.

My suggestion:
That's hard since I have to loop back to the language of the origin of the game without actually knowing the word(s) used in it.

I have to 'assume' that the building actually represents in the game a symbol or cluster of buildings rather than just one, single building. If that assumption is acceptable, then my suggestion is English = Port ; German = Hafen. Perhaps Hafenstadt.

If the desire is to describe just the warehouse (lagerhaus / warenlager) but with a necessary adjunct of a wharf, quay, or pier -- then Kai, Anlegeplatz, Pfeiler, & Landungsbrucke come into consideration.

But first, we have to consider if 'warehouse' is accurate, because the real meaning may be a trading center and not just a storage place.

Perhaps Handelsgesellschaft warenlager mit kai is the concept which is intended for gameplay. I still suggest 'Port.' For Handelsgesellschaft warenlager nicht mit kai, I suggest 'Trading Center.'

Now that I have made myself a fool in a foreign language, thanks for reading.

Best regards, Jim the Bald

xonox

Meister der Annorismen

Registrierungsdatum: 17. Juni 2003

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 5. April 2006, 19:55

Zitat

Original von BaldJim
I'm unsure about 'Kontor' - is that the computer automated translating dictonary or is it the German for 'warehouse with harbor' ??

"Kontor" is the used term in the german version of Anno. It´s meaning is more than just a Port with a Warehouse. A "Kontor" was not used as a simple Storage-House but to make it possible for a special group of traders ("Gilde") to control the availability and the price of urgent goods of the medieval urban Market.

"Handelsgesellschaftswarenlager mit Kai" is a good translation, but "Kontor" means more.

Zurzeit ist neben Ihnen 1 Benutzer in diesem Thema unterwegs:

1 Besucher