Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: AnnoZone Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sir_John

Frisch Angeheuert

• »Sir_John« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 1. April 2019

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 1. April 2019, 23:51

Anno 1404 Venice and endless hourglass

Dear Anno fans,

My appologies for writing in English, as my German is of poor quallity, and I do not wish to offend your native tongue.

I'm having allot of issues with Anno 1404 Venice at the moment, and I'm hoping to find some anwers here.
At first I installed the old disk version of the game (I always apply the 4gb patch). Did all tips and tricks i found online ( start in dx 9 mode, less relotution, update drivers, update windows 10 to 1809, disable any form of OC ) nothing worked : I always got and endless hourglass after ~40 min of play.

I gave up and bought the steam key instead. now the game ran fine for ~20 hours, but now it starts crashing/ctd again. I'm very bumbed out :( (large map with 3 CPU opponents, 35K inhabbitants). Has anyone here managed to anno 1404 working on a win 10 system without issues ? I suspect it's still the memory leaking problem ... it now has a CTD before the 15 min benchmark.

I use a windows 10 64x operating system.

If anyone could help me I'd be very greatfull. In the attachment you can find my DxDiag as well as some of the crash logs of the game.

Many thanks,
John
»Sir_John« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

octo124

Freibeuter

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Januar 2007

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 2. April 2019, 08:33

First update your BIOS to the latest version A0.59.
When installing 1404, you used the standalone installation path LW C or 1404 is installed on one of the two HDDs? If not, please uninstall cleanly and customize to install the HDD.
Please look in the path for C:\Windows\Minidumps dmp.Files and upload them packed here.
Here is a tutorial to activate it:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560…idump-bsod.html

Sir_John

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 4. April 2019, 23:15

No dumps are genertated. The application crashes, not the OS.
I found the BIOS drivers but I cannot see how it would improve the system. Little bit scared to temper with the BIOS as I have not done that before :/

I noticed that if I put the textures on medium, it seem to function pretty normal again. I can play for a longer time atleast ..

Samuel 99

Piratenschreck

Registrierungsdatum: 20. Juni 2010

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 4. April 2019, 23:40

No dumps are genertated. The application crashes, not the OS.
I found the BIOS drivers but I cannot see how it would improve the system. Little bit scared to temper with the BIOS as I have not done that before :/

I noticed that if I put the textures on medium, it seem to function pretty normal again. I can play for a longer time atleast ..

BIOS updates are always a huge risk, do not do it if you are inexperienced. Also, you are right, it will most probably do nothing for your current situation.

Sadly, there is no solution for the memory leakage problem. You can get more playtime out of Anno if you reduce the details to the lowest settings. Resolution doesn't make a difference, but everything else does. It may not look as pretty, but you should be able to play longer.
Some people say that launching Anno directly after your PC-Startup when there are no background processes running might help. I don't know if that works, but you could try it.
  Herausforderung gesucht?
Meine Welt Szenarien! Downloadbar im Annopool!

Sir_John

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 5. April 2019, 00:31

Thank you for your reply!

How did the developers manage to circumvent the memory leak issue? I believe when the game came out back in 2009 it did not have any crash/freeze issues. Are these problems specific for Venice or does the base game have these issues as well?

I assume the developers exploited a loophole specific for x32 systems to bypass their little memory problem. I've also noticed that the game seems to have problems accesssing the memory locations of functions from granny2 and ntdll when the crash occurs. Could ofcouse be that the game pulls allot of data from these files, but I do find it peculiar.

Maybe I will purchase a cheap second hand x32 system to play anno 1404 venice without issues :D

Samuel 99

Piratenschreck

Registrierungsdatum: 20. Juni 2010

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 5. April 2019, 13:20

This issues always existed, the developers just did not test it for that much inhabitants. It's dependent on the system of the end user, some people have zero problems while others (like you) crash fast.

Before you buy a new system you could try a x32 System in a Virtual Machine with DirectX9 support, maybe it won't crash as fast, but the game would run much slower.
  Herausforderung gesucht?
Meine Welt Szenarien! Downloadbar im Annopool!

Sir_John

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 8. April 2019, 22:45

noticed that running in windowed mode also significantly helps :°)

Sir_John

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 5. Mai 2019, 23:55

Ok, I've found a pernament solution for this problem.

I've tried it on a VM, it worked but I found it far to tedious to manage since VM's generally lack the prober drivers to run these sort of videogames.

The solution I found uses a memory flusher, resulting in no CTD's

I've made a small guide on steam here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f…/?id=1733139591